Updated 13 November 2020
Travel to Maldives
Residents of Maldives (nationals and expatriates) have to undergo a 14‑day self‑quarantine on arrival.
Effective 10 September 2020, all tourists and travellers entering the Maldives for a short‑term stay must present a negative COVID‑19 PCR test result. The test must be conducted within 96 hours of departure from the first port of embarkation.
The following categories of travellers are exempted from pre‑arrival COVID‑19 PCR test requirements:
- Citizens of Maldives
- Holders of Employment Visas
- Holders of Dependent Visas
- Holders of Student Visas
- Holders of Marriage Visas
- Children below one year of age
- Flight crew arriving on General Declaration