Update 13 November 2020
Travellers entering Canada must:
- provide traveller contact information through:
- undergo screening by a border official
- answer any relevant questions:
- when you arrive in Canada
- during your 14-day period while in quarantine or isolation
Persons exempt from mandatory quarantine
If you’re coming from the US to work without a work permit and you’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary)purpose, you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.
If you’re coming from a country other than the US to work without a work permit, then you’re exempt from the travel restrictions only if you belong to one of the following job categories:
- any person whose purpose is to deliver, maintain or repair medical equipment or devices
- air or marine crew members
- emergency service providers
- health-care students
- any person whose purpose is to make medical deliveries
- technicians or specialists installing, inspecting, repairing or maintaining equipment to support critical infrastructure
- commercial or research open-water aquaculture workers
Applying for a visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA)
Even if you can work without a work permit, you may still need a visitor visa or eTA to enter Canada.
We’ve temporarily changed how to apply for a visitor visa or eTA to ensure that your application is processed.